One Pot Green Curry Chicken Meatballs Rice (Serves 2)
Prep & Cook Time: 30-40mins
Serves: 2 pax
Inspiration taken from Bak Kut Teh stalls where they serve both the soup and dry version. Instead of a bowl of creamy green curry that you will soak your rice with, this one pot dish contains all the essence of green curry minus the soupy curry. Coconutty green curry flavoured rice topped with chicken meatballs pan-fried to perfection and assorted vegetables. A perfect balanced meal that is super easy to whip up and clean up thereafter!
From Our Kit
– Marinated Ground Chicken x 250g
(marinated with chopped basil, chopped garlic, chopped spring onions, fish sauce, green curry paste, cooking wine, sesame oil, sugar and corn flour)
– Thin French Beans x 80g
– Carrot x 1
– Shitake Mushroooms x 5
– Garlic x 2
– Green Curry Paste x 40g
– Coconut Milk + Water x 160g
– Vegetable Oil x 2 tbsps
From Your Kitchen
– Cast Iron Crockpot / Saucepan / Pot with Lid
– Chopping Board
– Salt / Sugar / Pepper
How To Cook
1. Wash and pat dry all fresh produce.
2. Peel and chop garlic finely.
3. Trim away the 2 ends of the thin french beans.
4. Peel and slice carrot.
5. Slice shitake mushrooms.
6. Wash rice till water turns clear, drain well and set aside.
COOK CHICKEN MEATBALLS
1. Form golf ball sized meatballs (about 2tbsps each) and place them on a plate.
2. Heat cast iron crockpot/saucepan/pot with half of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is glistening, working in batches if needed, add the meatballs in a single layer, taking care to not over crowd the pan. Cook, until the meatballs are browned on all sides, about 5-8mins minutes. Transfer the meatballs back to the plate.
FINISH YOUR DISH
1. Add in the remaining oil into the same crockpot/saucepan/pot.
2. Add in sliced mushrooms and sear for about 30secs, without stirring much.
3. Add in thin french beans, sliced carrots and chopped garlic. Toss for another min till garlic is fragrant.
4. Reduce the heat to medium low. Add in the rice and green curry paste, cook, stirring, until curry is evenly dispersed about 1 minute.
5. Add the coconut milk water mixture and stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
6. Return the browned meatballs and any collected juices to the pot. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed, the rice and veggies are tender, and the meatballs are cooked through, about 15mins.
7. Have a taste and season with salt/sugar/pepper according to your desired taste.
8. Serve pot directly on dinner table or portion between plates.