Orange Tomato Chicken Couscous (Serves 2)
Prep & Cook Time: 30-40mins
Serves: 2 pax
A healthy low carb meal that is full of flavours and textures. Well seared chicken that is paired with couscous that is cooked in a sauce packed with tang from the orange, sweetness from the tomatoes, savoury from chicken stock and a hint of cinnamon and cumin. Definitely converting couscous haters to lovers!
From Our Kit
– Boneless Chicken Leg x 2
– Chickpeas x 80g
– Couscous x 55g
– Crushed Tomato Sauce x 140g
– Orange x 1
– Chicken Stock x 80g
– Yellow Onion x 1
– Mix Spices (Ground Cinnamon & Ground Cumin)
– Vegetable Oil x 1 tbsp
From Your Kitchen
– Frying Pan
– Chopping Board
– Salt / Sugar / Pepper
How To Cook
1. Wash and pat dry all fresh produce.
2. Marinade chicken with half portion of the mix spices, pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Peel and chop onions finely.
3. Wash orange thoroughly, cut into half and into 1/4 inch slices.
1. Heat frying pan with half of the vegetable oil.
2. Place chicken skin side down into pan and cook until browned on both sides, about 3-4mins each side.
3. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
FINISH YOUR DISH
1. In the same pan, add the remaining vegetable oil.
2. Add in chopped onions and fry till fragrant and slightly caramelized.
3. Add in remaining mix spices and toss to release its fragrance.
4. Add in chopped tomato sauce, chicken stock, chickpeas and orange slices, bring to a simmer.
5. Return chicken and any collected juices to the pan, cover and cook over low-medium heat till chicken is cooked through, about 5-8mins.
6. Remove chicken from pan once again.
7. Bring the sauce back to a simmer, stir in couscous and stirring continuously. If sauce is too dry, add in a little water at a time. Cover and cook for about 5mins or till your preferred texture.
8. While couscous is cooking away, slice chicken.
9. Portion couscous between plates and top with sliced chicken.