Pumpkin Chicken Curry with Cauliflower Rice (Serves 2)
Prep & Cook Time: 30mins
Serves: 2 pax
Another healthy low carb recipe added to our repertoire. Sounds like a comforting autumn dish best for the cool, rainy weather. Thick luscious pumpkin curry that is sweet and savoury, coating every bit of cauliflower rice. A no-guilt hearty meal!
From Our Kit
– Boneless Chicken Breast x 2
– Pumpkin Puree x 100g
– Yellow Onion x 1
– Garlic x 1
– Chicken Stock x 80g
– Coconut Milk x 30g
– Riced Cauliflower x 250g
– Tomato Paste x 1tsp
– Vegetable Oil x 1tbsp
– Ground Cumin
– Curry Powder
– Cayenne Pepper
From Your Kitchen
– Medium Saucepan / Pot with Lid
– Microwave / Steamer
– Chopping Board
– Salt / Sugar / Pepper
How To Cook
1. Wash and pat dry all fresh produce.
2. Peel and chop onion and garlic.
3. Cut chicken breasts into medium cubes.
PREPARE PUMPKIN CHICKEN CURRY
1. Heat frying pan with vegetable oil.
2. Add in chopped onions, fry till fragrant and slightly caramelized.
3. Add in chopped garlic and fry till fragrant.
4. Add in chicken breast cubes and sear till slightly browned.
5. Add in tomato paste and combined spices, toss till you can smell the aroma of the spices.
6. Pour in pumpkin puree, give it a good stir. Cover with lid and simmer till chicken is cooked through (about 5-7mins).
7. Stir in coconut milk and have a taste, season with salt/pepper according to your desired taste.
FINISH YOUR DISH
1. Transfer riced cauliflower onto a microwaveable/heatproof plate, add a little water and a pinch of salt. Stir well.
Microwave Method: cover with cling wrap or damp kitchen towel and microwave on high for 2-3mins or till your preferred tenderness of the riced cauliflower.
Steam Method: steam on high heat for 5-7mins or till your preferred tenderness of the riced cauliflower.
2. Portion cooked riced cauliflower between serving plates and serve hot with pumpkin chicken curry.