Scallops and Corn Pasta (Serves 2)
Prep & Cook Time: 30mins
Serves: 2 pax
The naturally sweet taste of scallops pairs perfectly with the crunchy sweet corn and red capsicum tossed together with al dente pasta. Summer colours on a plate that looks beautiful and tastes great.
From Our Kit
– Scallops x 8
– Bacon x 2
– Corn x 100g
– Red Capsicum x 1
– Chilli Padi x 1
– Basil Leaves x 2g
– Garlic x 5
– White Wine x 60g
– Linguini Pasta x 170g
– Olive Oil x 2 tbspsthe
From Your Kitchen
– Frying Pan
– Saucepan with Lid
– Chopping Board
– Salt / Sugar / Pepper
How To Cook
1. Wash and pat dry all fresh produce.
2. Place scallops in between 2 pieces of kitchen paper towels to dry well.
3. Slice chilli padi thinly (if using).
4. Chop garlic finely.
5. Roll up the basil leaves and slice thinly.
6. Cut capsicum into half, remove the core and seeds and cut into small dice.
7. Cut bacon into thin strips.
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add in a pinch of salt.
2. Add linguini into boiling water and cook for about 6-8mins. For best results, do cook the pasta slightly undercooked as it will be cook further at the next step.
3. Keep aside a small amount of pasta water.
FINISH YOUR DISH
1. Heat frying pan over high heat, add in the olive oil.
2. Season scallops with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
3. Add in scallops and pan-fry till golden browned on both sides (about 2mins on each side). Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add in chopped garlic and toss for about 20secs.
5. Add in sliced bacon and fry till fat is rendered, bacon and garlic are slightly browned.
6. Add in capsicum and corn and toss for about 2mins.
7. Pour in white wine and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until capsicum and corn are tender, about 3mins.
8. Reduce heat to low and add in sliced chilli padi and cooked pasta and a little pasta water.
9. Toss well, ensuring all the ingredients are well coated with the sauce.
11. Return scallops and any liquid accumulated on the plate back to pan, toss to coat with sauce.
12. Stir in basil and have a taste and season with salt and pepper.
13. Divide pasta between plates.