Vegan Bahn Mi (Serves 2)
Prep & Cook Time: 30mins
Serves: 2 pax
Another crowd favourite on our menu – veganised! Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside baguettes, sandwiched with zesty, savoury marinated pan-fried tofu and topped with sweet, tangy pickled vegetables. Hearty and comforting but yet refreshing!
From Our Kit
– Marinated Tofu x 6 slices
(marinated with sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic powder, ginger powder, sugar, cooking wine, honey)
– Baguettes x 2
– Carrot x 1
– Cucumber x 1
– Coriander x 1 sprig
– Chilli Padi x 1
– Sriracha Chilli Sauce x 1 tbsp
– Vegetable Oil x 2 tbsps
– Rice Vinegar
Vegan Mayonnaise Mix:
– Vegan Mayonnaise
– Maggi Sauce
From Your Kitchen
– Frying Pan
– Toaster Oven / Convection Oven / Airfryer
– Chopping Board
– Salt / Sugar / Pepper
How To Cook
1. Wash and pat dry all fresh produce.
2. Peel carrot and julienne (cut into thin, matchstick like strips) either using a knife or a mandoline slicer if you have.
3. Cut cucumber into half lengthwise, use a spoon and remove all seeds and julienne.
4. Slice chilli padi if using.
1. In a bowl, pour in pickle marinade and 1 tsp water. Stir till well combined.
2. Add in julienned carrot, cucumber and sliced chilli padi (if using), stir to mix well. Cover with cling wrap and chill in fridge.
1. Heat up frying pan with vegetable oil.
2. Panfry tofu slabs till all sides are crispy and golden brown.
1. Toast baguettes in the oven/toaster/airfryer till warm and skin is slightly crispy. Cut the baguettes in the center (leaving about an inch at the end).
FINISH YOUR DISH
1. Spread mayonnaise mix on the bread side.
2. Arrange pickled vegetables on the base, followed by pan fried tofu slabs.
3. Top with chopped coriander and sriracha sauce.