Vegan Luncheon, Potato, Corn Chowder (Serves 2)
Prep & Cook Time: 30mins
Serves: 2 pax
It’s the perfect weeknight soup when you’re craving something healthy yet hearty. Creamy, chunky comforting soup with crispy bites of plant-based luncheon. It is a complete, balanced meal but if you have any leftover breads at home, butter and toast till lightly toasted. Best complement to this hearty soup!
From Our Kit
– OMNIMeat Luncheon x 6pcs
– Creamed Corn x 200g
– Washed Potatoes x 3pcs
– Vegetable Stock x 300g
– Spring Onions x 1 sprig
– Vegetable Oil x 1 tbsp
From Your Kitchen
– Medium Saucepan / Pot with Lid
– Immersion Blender / Blender
– Chopping Board
– Salt / Sugar / Pepper
– Bread (Optional)
How To Cook
1. Keep OMNIMeat Luncheon in freezer, do not thaw.
2. Wash and pat dry all fresh produce.
3. Cut potatoes into chunks, keep the skin on.
4. Cut spring onions finely.
FRY OMNIMEAT LUNCHEON
1. Heat the saucepan/pot with vegetable oil.
2. Panfry OMNIMeat Luncheon till crispy and golden brown.
3. Remove from saucepan/pot and set aside.
4. Cut into small cubes.
1. In the same saucepan/pot with leftover oil, add in potato chunks. Sear till slightly brown.
2. Pour in creamed corn and vegetable stock. Stir to mix well.
3. Bring to a gentle boil, cover and simmer till potatoes are soft and tender, about 10-15mins.
1. If you are using immersion blender, turn off the heat and blend the soup in pulses. We like it chunky instead of smooth. But feel free to blend it to your desired consistency.
2. If you are using a regular blender, scoop ingredients and soup into your blender and similarly, blend the soup in pulses for chunky texture. Or blend till your desired consistency.
FINISH YOUR DISH
1. Bring chowder back to a simmer, have a taste and season with salt/pepper according to your desired taste.
2. Portion between bowls and top with OMNIMeat Luncheon cubes.
3. Sprinkle chopped spring onions before serving.
4. If you have any stale/leftover bread, toast it lightly with butter and serve with soup if you prefer.